Saturday, May 30, 2009

RWA and NaNoWriMo

Has it been that long since I last posted a blog...no...say it isn't so. Anyway, I am back and limbering up my fingers for the RWA's version of NaNoWriMo. I have committed to write 50,000 words in the next 30 days and I have to admit that I am a little excited about the prospect. I also participated last year and this was when I penned my runner-up entry for the FTH competition. Hopefully, this year I can take my new manuscript to the next level.

The new manuscript...how is it going I hear you say. Since we last spoke, the new manuscript has been replaced with an even newer, shinier one. I workshopped my synopsis with Melanie Milburne and we thrashed it around over coffee and came out with a completely different story...how often is that the way. So now I have a set of twins, a hero with a trashed mansion and an appearance by a reality TV show...not necessarily in that order. I will fill you in when I know more myself.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good Felicity! I've decided to do 50k in 30d again this year too but I'm only doing 30k in 30days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicity, love the sound of the new story. Good luck with the Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing, Felicity!

    Best of luck with 50k in 30 days - I'm also participating in the challenge.

    Ready and raring to go!

    Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds really interesting.
    I'm doing 44k in 30 days which doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Hopefully we can all reach our targets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so too Becca. Yesterday I managed 2500 words, so was pleased with my efforts. Most of it was rubbish, but at the end I had a bit of an epiphany which will mean a heap of rewriting, but the conflict has tightened considerably. So onward and upward and good luck all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Felicity!

    Sometimes you're blog hates me and won't let me access you I have no idea why! I hope it's okay that I'm a little jealous that you've been drinking coffee with Melanie - love her books! Congrats on the 50K in 30 days I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete