Sunday, March 15, 2009

One day down..one chapter written

No, it did not take me one day to write the chapter, although I probably could have as I wrote enough words today for two whole chapters. I had a bit of a head start this morning as I had already written some 3,000 words. But some of them...well...they were not so good. So I deleted most of what I had and now, at the end of a full day I have just over 4500 words and a complete chapter one. Well, complete in word count. Quality, not so much yet. I find it much easier to vomit the words onto the page and then go back later and clean them up. It is not the most efficient way of writing but at this point, it is the only way I know how. I hope when I get to manuscript number 450 trillion, I will have the process in some kind of order. I was reading today that Paula Roe is hosting a 'get organised, get writing' workshop at the conference in August, so I might put that on my list of 'must attends'.

Anyway, no news on the manuscript and am trying to keep busy so that I do not spend too much time laying back and thinking of England!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's the best way to go in terms of writing, Felicity. I really enjoyed the Nano last year and managed to write a whole manuscript really quickly. Of course, it took me at least two months to get the damn thing readable but I got it finished and that was the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved NaNo too. That's actually how I write most of the time. If I edit as I go along or over think it I end up hating it and throwing it in the bin lol. My computer's recycle bin gets a bit of a work out as it is :)

    ReplyDelete