Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well it is now nearly three weeks since I sent my manuscript and whilst I have not bitten my fingernails to the quick, the recycling bin is telling the story that I may be getting a little strung out. Patience is a virtue and not one that I have ever mastered. I echo the sentiments of my friend Jackie Ashenden when she wondered why the HM&B editor was not sitting by the email just waiting for receive our manuscripts, pushing all other work to one side when received and cancelling all holidays just in order to read our magnum opus. Oh well, I guess it will all happen in its own good time, and I keep on reminding myself that even if 'The House that Jack Built" is rejected, I am still one step closer to publication.

In the meantime I am working on a new manuscript called "Gift of the Gab" which is targeted once again to Modern Heat. My heroine, Miss Josie Macleod is a hard-hitting big city journalist who due to an unexpected career change,finds herself in the small coastal township of Bindirrin where she has to write the local Agony Aunt column. What Josie knows about love can be written in large print on the back of a small postage stamp and what she cares about love would fit on an even smaller space, so as you can expect, we see a little resistance. You see, Josie has never bought into the whole 'eyes across a crowded room' scenario and believes that Mr Right is a fallacy, preferring to humour herself with Mr Right Now should the need arise.

So sparks fly when she discovers that her editor, the very tall, the very dark and even more handsome, Mr Ricardo Antonelli is on a quest to settle down and in his search for Miss Right he seems to be mistakenly beating a path to her door.

Anyway, the synopsis is written, needs some tweaking and the chapters are under construction. Onward and upward. Whilst we wait with fingers crossed.

6 comments:

  1. Patience isn't one of my virtues either. Pass the wine bottle... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jackie, you will have to fight me for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this! I really do! Especially the hero... sounds as though I could quite happily beat a path to his door ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And my reply to you Lacey is the same as to Jackie. You will have to fight me for it! Or for him! Ricardo Antonelli is quite yummy. Definitely the prototype for tall dark and handsome. I am thinking Eric Bana crossed with Rob Lowe. Rob Lowe's face, Eric Bana's body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo Yum! I'll start practicing my martial arts ;)

    ReplyDelete